If you are anything like me, and don't like breakfast cereals and sweet oatmeal or if you have gotten bored of eating oatmeal for breakfast, you can turn your oats into these savory pancakes. These pancakes are super healthy, gluten free and vegan all at the same time. I am so much into crepes and pancakes these days that I have tried making all sorts of chillas(pancakes) using poha, wheat flour, quinoa, semolina, lentils etc.
You can make it even healthier by adding spinach and other veggies. I am sure you will feel healthy after eating these :)
Prep time- 10 Minutes
Cook Time- 15 Minutes
Serving - makes about 6 to 7 pancakes
- Oats- 3/4th cup
- Flaxseeds - 1 tbsp
- Rice flour- 2 tbsp
- Chickpea flour- 2 tbsp
- Grated onion- 2 tbsp
- Red chilli powder- 1 tsp or to taste (you can use use chopped green chilis and skip red chilli powder if you like)
- 1 tbsp Fresh Coriander leaves- chopped
- Mango powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil to cook
- Water - as required
- Grind flax seeds and oats together in a grinder
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl except oil to get the consistency of pancake batter
- Heat the non stick pan that you use to make dosas and pancakes and spread oil with the help of paper towel.
- Add a ladle full of batter in the center and spread it around slowly
- Sprinkle some oil on top and let it cook on medium heat
- Flip it gently and cook from the other side.
- Enjoy with you favorite sauce or chutney.