Open sandwiches are my latest favorite for two reasons- One, you get to eat two sandwiches yet have two less slices of bread. :). second, they look so good. My son calls this sandwich potato pizza.
Enjoy this perfect sandwich with your favourite cup of tea.
Prep time- 15 Minutes
Cook Time- 5- 10 Minutes
- Potatoes - 2 medium -Boiled
- Bread - Few slices
- Red Chili Powder- 1/4th teaspoon
- Garam Masala Powder- 1/2 teaspoon
- Mango Powder (Amchoor)- 1/2 teaspoon
- Butter - As needed
- Salt- To taste.
- Mash the boiled potatoes well
- Add all the masala powder including salt
- Now cut the bread slices into rounds - you can use the cap of any round container.
- Butter one side of the slices
- Spread the potato mixture on the other side
- Toast in the toaster oven placing the buttered side on the rack till crisp and done
.Enjoy with sauce and chutney.
- You can use microwave to boil potatoes to save time- just peel and cut the potatoes. Put the potatoes in a microwave safe bowl and add enough water. microwave high for 8 to 9 minutes. Drain and use.