Pizza can be healthy too. These zucchini pizza bites are a quick way to fix your cravings and
are absolutely delicious.
I got the idea for this recipe after tasting it at Trader Joe's. It has been a family favorite since, especially the kids.
You can use your favorite toppings like chopped mushrooms, onions etc and can make these in the oven.
I made simple cheese ones on stove top.
Now you can eat pizza without the guilt!
- Two Zucchini - Cut into 1/4 inch rounds
- Olive oil - 1/2 tablespoons(use as required)
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese - 1/2 cup ( or as required)
- Pizza sauce or tomato ketchup - 3 to 4 tbsp
- Chopped basil leaves - to garnish (optional)
- Red chili flakes - to garnish
- Brush some olive oil on the zucchini rounds
- Heat a pan and cook the zucchini from both sides until light brown.
- Spread some sauce on each piece
- Top each zucchini with sauce and shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cover the pan and cook on medium low heat till the cheese is melted.(abt a minute)
- Switch off the heat and leave covered for another minute
- Garnish with chopped basil leaves and chili flakes