biscuits) layered with mascarpone cheese and flavored with cocoa powder. The classic Tiramisu recipes use raw eggs and alcohol but I like to make this simple version without using
eggs and alcohol. It still tastes pretty authentic and also is super easy to make.
Try to use crispy ladyfingers and not the soft ones as they tend to get soggy.
Also the ladyfingers turn soft very quickly so don't soak them into coffee mixture for long.
Prep time- 15-20 Minutes
Yield - 6 to 10 small dessert cups
- Mascarpone cheese- 3/4th cup
- Whipping heavy cream-1/2 cup
- Instant coffee - 1 cup -
- Sugar - 2 1/2 tbsp
- Ladyfingers - 12
- Unsweetened cocoa powder to sprinkle
- Shredded chocolate- 2- 3 tbsp to garnish
- In a bowl add heavy whipping cream, mascarpone cheese and sugar. mix together with the help of electric mixture (I used egg beater) until the peaks are formed.
- Make a cup of strong coffee and let it cool to room temperature.
- Now cut the lady finger into three parts, quickly dip in the coffee and arrange a layer at the bottom of the dessert cup.
- Spread a layer of cheese, cream mixture on top and repeat till the top.
- Sprinkle cocoa powder on top and garnish with shredded chocolate
- Refrigerate for 5 to 6 hours
- Serve cold.