Most people find it boring but few like me love it, bottleguard(lauki) has many names like guava bean, white flowered gourd, dudhi, ghia and more and is a very nutritious vegetable. It has many medicinal qualities like balancing liver function, is an excellent source of fiber, very light on stomach and also helps in treating urinary problems.
the recipe I am posting today uses peels of bottle guard and besan(chickpea flour). My mom has been making it since my childhood and now whenever i make lauki I make this too..its very easy and tasty as well.
- Peels of bottleguard- 1 cup
- Chickpea flour- 3/4 cup
- Cumin(jeera)-1/4th teaspoon
- Turmeric powder- 1/4th teaspoon
- Green chillies-1 cut in small pieces
- Red chili powder-1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder- 1/2 tablespoon
- Water 5-6 tablespoons
- Salt- to taste
- Lightly brown the chickpea flour in a saucepan without oil till you can smell the aroma keep aside
- Boil the peels(lauki ke chilke) in microwave for 10 minutes( time depends on the microwave).
- Heat Oil in the same saucepan and put jeera and green chili.
- Add all the dry masala mix and add the peels. mix well
- Now add the water and besan cook for one minute and serve.