This is my version of masala chops , just tried this way and came out great. I made goat chops but you can make with lamb too.
- Goat chops- 2lbs
- Onion- 4 medium
- Tomato - 4 big
- Yogurt- 1 and half cup
- Green chilli- 2
- Garlic- 5-6 cloves
- Ginger- 1 and half inch
- (big)cardamom- 1
- Cardamom- 4
- Jeera(cumin seeds)- 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper corns- 6-7
- Coriander seeds(optional)- 1 tablespoon
- Red chilli powder- 3/4th teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder- 1 /2 tablespoon
- Coriander powder- 4 tablespoons.
- Salt- taste
- Grind cumin seeds, coriander seeds, pepper corns, cardamom(big) and cardamom small.
- Mix this ground masala in 3/4th cup of thick yogurt.
- Rub the washed chops with this mixture such that all the chops are coated well and keep aside.
- Now make a paste of onions, green chillies, ginger and garlic.
- Heat oil in a saucepan and brown these chops lightly from both the sides on high heat. should take a minute or two.
- Now heat oil in a pressure cooker. add the paste and cook till oil separates.
- Add red chili powder, turmeric and coriander powder and cook for a minute.
- Now add yogurt and tomato. cook for a minute.
- Add the chops mix well and add water.
- Close the pressure cooker and cook till 4 whistles.
- Cool and open and cook open till the masala thickens and the chops are coated with masala.
- Garnish and serve.