Today's recipe is Aloo Tikki...the sweet and savory Chaat or take any Indian street food ..its so appetizing, delicious, mouthwatering, tempting and satisfying. I think the whole concept of roadside food in India is wonderful..the different flavors and textures are so well combined together and the aroma is so overpowering that you can't escape a chaatwala or for that matter any street food vendor..can't say about you but I am a die hard fan of Indian street food..pani Puri/Gol guppas and Aloo Tikki .yummy ain't it?
The latest but not so latest in my list is momos. Will post the recipe for momos when I make next time.
Here is the Recipe for Aloo tikki-
- Potatoes- 4 big
- Rawa/sooji/semolina- 2 tablespoons
- Bread- 2
- Green chillis- 1 big(chopped finely)
- Coriander leaves- chopped finely
- Salt- to taste
- Garam masala- 1/4 th teaspoon
- Red Chilli Powder - 1/4th teaspoon
- Mango powder - 1/4th tablepoon
- Boil Potatoes, peel and mash well or grate while warm and keep aside.
- Soak bread pieces in water and instantly squeeze and mix with potatoes.
- Add all the masalas and semolina and mix well.
- Make 10-12 equal rounds from this mixture.
- Gently flatten each one a little
- Heat oil and Shallow fry the tikkis from both sides till golden brown
Note: Keep the Heat low throughout and flatten little more as they cook.
- Take Two Tikkis in a plate. Add Chole(click here for recipe) on top. Add green chutney and Meethi chutney
- Garnish with chopped onions and serve hot.