This is a paneer curry my mom makes in microwave. .I made it on stove top though.and it took me 15 minutes from start to finish.. went very well with ajwain paranthas.
I added gram flour, onion and carom seeds in wheat flour dough for the parathas and they came out awesome too.
Here is the recipe for the paneer curry in a hurry. It has lots of ginger which gives it a unique flavor.
- Paneer(Cottage cheese) - 250 gms ( cut into cubes or triangles)
- Onion - 1 (finely chopped)
- Milk - 1 Cup
- Curd - 1/2 cup
- Cardamom(Choti elaichi)- 1
- Ginger- 1 and half teaspoons( finely chopped).
- Red chilli Powder-1 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder- 1/4th teaspoon
- Salt- to taste
- Tomato paste(optional) - 1 teaspoon
- Green chillis- 2(chopped)
- Heat oil in a Pan
- Add Onion and fry till they become light brown in colour
- Now add green chillies, cardamom and ginger and saute for another minute
- Add Salt, turmeric powder and red chili powder, mix well.
- Add curd and keep stirring till it is cooked and whiteness is gone.
- Now add milk and paneer, cover and cook on low heat for few minutes.
- In the end add tomato paste and cook for a while.(which is optional as it tastes great even without it ).
Enjoy with Parantha, puri or roti.