I am a big fan of chicken curry and I can have it almost every weekend! this one is perfect for a relaxing treat on a weekend, very easy with no special ingredient, just the common indian spices we use everyday.
Do try this one.
- Chicken- 10-12 medium pieces
- Onion- 2 medium finely chopped.
- Tomato - 2 big blanched and chopped.
- Yogurt- 2 tablespoons
- Ginger- 1 tablespoon(grated or paste)
- Garlic- 2 tablespoon(grated or paste)
- Coriander powder- 2 tablespoon
- Turmeric- 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder- 1/4th teaspoon or (to taste)Bay leaf- 1
- Salt - to taste
- Cumin seeds(jeera)- 1 teaspoon
- Cloves- 6-7
- Black pepper corns- 10 -12
- Black cardomom- 1 Big
- Green cardomom- 1
- Dry red chilli- 1 (seeds removed)
- Grind cumin, cloves, cardamoms(black and green), black pepper corns, dry red chilli using mortar and pestle.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan or directly in the pressure cooker.
- Add bay leaf and add onions and saute till rich golden brown.
- Add all the grind spice mixture and saute for a minute, don't let it burn.
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook till raw smell goes.
- Add all the powdered spices, mix well.
- Add yogurt and cook till oil seperates.
- Now add the chicken pieces and cook on medium high heat for 4-5 minute till the chicken becomes slightly brown, keep stirring.
- Reduce the heat to low, add a little water if required and cook till the chicken is half done.
- Now add the chopped blanched tomatoes, cook for another minute.
- Add little water(not too much else it would be too watery), close the lid and pressure cook for 5 minutes.
- For best results, Open the pressure cooker only when all the steam has escaped.
Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
enjoy with hot chapatis and rice!