|Broccoli and Carrot Stir Fry|
Yes, broccoli is one veggie he loves in more or less any dish. I wanted to make something we could eat as a main course and what else could be easier than a stir fry which by definition itself is a method of quick cooking food. I made broccoli and carrot stir fry in a simple and light garlic sauce. It was healthy, simple and yet so satisfying- he loved it and ate it happily!
- Broccoli-1 bunch(cut into florets)
- Carrots- 2 small cut into rounds
- Onion -half medium(sliced thickly)
- Garlic- 1 tbsp grated
- Soy sauce- 1/2 teaspoon
- Chili sauce-1 teaspoon- (I used Ching's secret red chili sauce)
- Dried crushed basil- 1/2 teaspoon
- Red wine vinegar(optional)- 1/2 teaspoon
- freshly crushed pepper- to taste
- Water- 2 tablespoon
- Salt- to taste
- Boil carrots and broccoli just till al dente, drain and keep aside
- Mix soy sauce, chili sauce, vinegar and water, mix well and keep aside.
- Now heat oil in pan(preferably a non stick or cast iron pan)
- When oil is hot, add garlic, stir for a few second.
- Add onions, cook for a min on high heat , then add all the veggies and stir on high heat for few more minutes.
- Add the sauce mixture, salt, pepper and basil.
- Cook on medium high heat till done.
- Serve hot with rice or noodles!