I had some boiled chickpeas left in my fridge so I entered into the kitchen planning to make falafel but apparently the chickpeas were not enough for falafel and I ended up making these delicious vegetable chickpea tikkis. I boiled whatever veggies I had in the fridge including cauliflower, carrots, peas, potatoes etc and mashed them together with the chickpeas, added breadcrumbs and masala and shallow fried them. We loved these tikkis and trust me you will too. do try.
Makes about 10- 12 tikkis
- Potatoes-2 medium cut anyways
- Peas(I used frozen)- 1 tablespoons
- Frozen corn kernels - 1 1/2 tablespoons
- Carrots- 2 small cut anyways
- Cauliflower - two big florets
- Chickpeas - boiled- 2 1/2 tablespoon
- Ginger garlic paste- 1 teaspoon
- Red chili powder- 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Garam Masala powder- 1/2 teaspoon
- Bread- 1 big slice to make bread crumbs
- Oil- to shallow fry
- Salt - to taste
- Boil all the veggies together in a pan till soft.
- Drain and let cool.
- In the meantime add bread pieces in the blender to make bread crumbs and keep aside
- Blend all the boiled veggies along with boiled chickpeas in the blender.
- Add ginger garlic paste, dry masala powders, bread crumbs and salt
- Mix well (you might find the mixture sticky but it will be perfect when you cook it)
- Now heat a griddle and spread some oil on it
- Make golf sized balls from the mixture and shallow fry from both sides.
- Flatten them a little bit in the process.
- Squeeze some lemon juice and Serve hot with coriander chutney and ketchup