Any kind of pasta dish is my family's favorite comfort food and this recipe is one of those pasta recipes i make quite often. This hearty combination of vegetables with all time favorite spaghetti noodles is sure to please everyone at the dinner table. Make it as a weekday dinner or weekend brunch. It comes together in less than 30 minutes and is delicious.
You can use whatever veggies you have or add additional veggies or even chicken.
I personally love the mushrooms in it.
To make healthier version you can substitute whole wheat or multigrain spaghetti noodles.
- Noodles- 6 ounces
- Green onions- 5 chopped
- Red onions - 1 small sliced
- Garlic- 1 tablespoon grated
- Whole red chilli- 1 big crushed
- Green bell pepper- half -cut thinly
- Carrot- 1 - cut in thin strips
- Mushrooms - 8 ounces -sliced
- Soy sauce - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt- to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper- to taste
- Red chili flakes- to taste
- Boil the noodles as per the direction of the packet with little salt, drain, run under cold water and drain again.
- If you want you can add a bit of oil to the noodles, mix well and and keep aside. (this way noodles don't stick together).
- Heat oil in a pan
- Add green and red onions, cook on medium high heat for few seconds.
- Add salt, garlic and crushed whole red chilli, cook on high heat for few seconds and keep stirring
- Now add bell pepper and carrot, again cook for a minute on high heat.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for half a minute without stirring
- Give it a stir and cook everything on medium high heat till soft and brown but not mushy
- Now reduce the heat and add noodles, soy sauce and pepper
- Mix everything well.
- At this point you can add red chilli flakes as per your liking.
- Garnish with green onions