I came up with this refreshing and healthy homemade strawberry green tea idea when I had a surplus of fresh strawberries in my fridge. They were already two days old and I didn't want them to go bad so I thought of experimenting with them.
I boiled the strawberries with water and sugar and made a syrup. It tasted great! I kept it in my fridge for two days and made strawberry tea - green as well as black and strawberry milk.
It was a hit in my house and now I don't have to think twice before buying a big box of strawberries.
Here I am posting the recipe for strawberry green tea made with fresh strawberries.
Enjoy the goodness of fresh strawberries with the benefits of green tea!
Hope you will like it.
Prep time- 5 minutes
Cook Time- 10 minutes
For strawberry syrup
- Sugar 2 tbsp
- Strawberries - about 10
- Water 2 cups
For green tea
- Green tea bag - 1
- Water - 1 cup
For the Syrup
- Slice the strawberries and boil with sugar in 2 cups of water for 10 minutes
- Mash the berries with spoon to extract the juices
- Strain the strawberry syrup and cool it.
For the green tea
- Add a tea bag in a cup of boiling water
- Let it steep for 3 minutes
- Cool it
(These are general instructions, or you can follow the manufacturers instructions for making green tea)
For the Strawberry green tea
- Add 1/4th cup of syrup to 3/4th cup of cold green tea.
- Adjust sugar