I always keep mushrooms handy as they are healthy, tasty and very less in calories. they can be used in so many ways- put them in omelet, noodles, soup or put them in curries. I can eat mushrooms in any shape or form except raw!
Well, here is a a very simple and yummy dish you can make in a jiffy. Eat it as a snack or keep it as a side dish.
Prep time- 5 minutes
Cook Time- 10 minutes
- Button Mushrooms - 1 packet (about 7) Cut in sqaures
- Onion - 1 medium (cut in squares)
- Green chillies- 6 whole
- Garlic- 2 pods (finely chopped)
- Salt - to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper- to taste
- Turmeric powder- 1/4th teaspoon
- Chat masala- 1/2 teaspoon
- Heat oil in a pan
- Add onion, garlic and chillies in hot oil and cook for 2 minutes on high heat
- Now add turmeric powder and black pepper, mix well
- Add mushrooms and cook on medium high till brown about 5 minutes.
- Keep stirring
- Add salt and chat masala, cook for few more seconds
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.