Fresh green beans are not only healthy full of vitamins, minerals and micro nutrients but are also tasty. They are also very low in calories; one cup of green beans contains approx 34 calories.
So I prepared these sautéed green beans in Indian style. It’s an easy to cook dish that you can eat as a side with roti, parantha or use it as a filling in wraps. I can eat it just like that as anytime snack.
Greens beans also called string beans or French beans are free from saturated fat and are a rich source of dietary fiber (about 15% in 1 cup).
This lightly spiced dish is healthy, quick to make and tasty.
Here is the recipe.
- Washed and chopped french beans - 1 1/2 cups
- Salt - to taste
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Red chilli powder- 1/2 tsp or to taste
- Whole red chilli -1
- Garlic grated- 1/2 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan
- Add whole red chilli
- Add garlic and stir for few seconds
- Now add chopped beans, red chilli powder, turmeric and salt
- Cook on medium high heat for 5 minutes, keep stirring
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for few more minutes till.
Serve hot with chapati, parantha etc.
These are also a good source of Iron, calcium, vitamin C and Vitamin A.
Its so easy to include in your diet.