I love these ready to use phyllo shells from Athens, they make it so convenient to prepare quick and tasty sancks, appetizers and even sweets. There is no limit to what you can fill in these cute shells.I used the leftover masala kidney beans so it was super duper quick for me.
This is a recipe for mini tex-mex cups with kidney beans , salsa and sour cream.
Cook Time- 15 minutes
- Athens Ready to use phyllo shells- 1 packet
- Canned and drained red kidney beans - 1 cup
- Small onion - 1 chopped
- Tomato- 1 chopped
- Garlic (chopped or grated )- 1 tsp
- Coriander powder- 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder- 1/2 tsp
- Salt - to taste.
- Medium salsa(I used store brought)- as required
- Sour cream
- Heat oil in a pan and saute onions till light brown
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds
- Now add tomatoes and all the dry spices and cook till oil seperates.
- Add the kidney beans, mix well and add two tablespoons of water.
- Cook for one minute and allow it to cool.
- Fill the shells with the cooked beans, top with salsa and sour cream and serve immediately
This recipe is shared with Share it Sunday