I made these delicious tikkis with potatoes, chickpeas, homemade breadcrumbs and spices.
These were crispy from outside , moist from inside and full of flavor.
you can even make wholesome veggie burgers out of them or stuff them in pita pockets along with some fresh veggies to make a hearty meal.
I served them with mint chutney and sauce and they were gone in few minutes!
Preparation time- 10 minutes
Cook time - 20 - 25 minutes
Makes about 10 to 12 medium sized patties
- Boiled chickpeas- 1 cup
- Potatoes - 2 boiled
- Onion - 1/2 chopped
- Garlic - 2 pods (grated)
- Fresh juice of 1/2 lemon
- Cumin powder- 1/4th teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 3/4th teaspoon
- Chilli powder- 1/2 teaspoon
- Breadcrumbs- as required ( I used two breads to make breadcrumbs)
- Salt - to taste
- Oil- for shallow frying
- Mash chickpeas with masher or fork ( do not use blender else it would be too pasty)
- Mash potatoes and mix with chickpeas
- Add onion garlic and all the spices, mix well.
- Add breadcrumbs, mix well and form into patties with hands
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan and shallow fry the patties on medium low heat till golden brown and crisp.
Serve hot with sauce and chutney.