It was my son's idea, he wanted me to put carrots in his sandwich with garlic spread. I thought there is no way he is going to like it but when I made it, it was great!.
This sandwich is packed with the goodness of carrots and tomatoes.This is healthy, quick and tasty. Great lunch or snack to take to school or work!
Give it a try even if you don't like carrots.
Prep time- 10 minutes
Cook time- zero minutes
Yield - 2 servings
- Carrot- 1 (grated)
- Shredded Lettuce- 1/2 cup
- Tomato - 1 chopped
- Creamy Garlic spread- 2 tablespoons ( I used Marie's creamy Italian garlic dressing)
- Salt - to taste
- Freshly ground pepper - to taste
- 4 slices of your favorite bread- I use oatmeal bread.
- Take two slices of bread and spread a tablespoon of garlic spread on it
- Add a layer each of lettuce, tomato and shredded carrots on each bread
- Sprinkle salt and pepper
- Top with the remaining two breads
- Cut into desired shape