Yes- this is egg-less, cooked in microwave, in just 1 minutes 20 sec!! What more can we ask for.
This is moist and delicious. I first came to know that a cake can be made in microwave through a magazine in library. Googled and tried few recipes. First 2 were disasters- got burnt and hard.
Third time I changed the microwave power to seventy percent. Full power of my microwave is 900 watts. Adjusted sugar, milk and baking powder and that's it. It was perfect in 1 minutes 20 seconds.
So I guess its important to know your microwave and do the adjustments accordingly.
You may not get the brown crust when you cook cake in the microwave but it is still yummy and you can eat it right now!
I am going to try a healthier version with wheat flour and will post the recipe soon. Till then enjoy!
Cook time- under 2 minutes
Serves- 2 to 4
- All purpose flour- 4 tablespoons
- Sugar - 2 tablespoons (adjust to your taste)
- Unsweetened Cocoa- 1 tablespoon
- Milk - 3 1/2 tablespoons
- Oil- 2 tablespoons
- Baking powder- 1 teaspoon
- Grates nuts- for garnish
- Add all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well
- Grease a microwave safe dish and pour the mixture in it
- Microwave for 1 minutes 20 seconds
- Add your favorite topping, I used whipped cream and chocolate syrup.
- Don't mix and cook in the same bowl, use different bowls for mixing and cooking.
- This recipe and timing works for me very well, you may need to adjust your microwave settings. So try a few times and you will get it.