This okra dish is totally non slimy, spicy and flavorful. You will love it with naan or parantha.
Have some spicy pickle on the side and enjoy your lunch/dinner or even weekend breakfast.
Squeezing some lemon juice while cooking okra not only removes the sliminess of okra but also enhances its taste. The fennel seeds really add a lot of flavor to the dish.
Prep time- 10 Minutes
Cook Time- 25 Minutes
Serves- 2- 3
- 1/2 pound okra
- One medium onion - grated
- Coarsely ground fennel seeds- 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil to cook
- Red chilli powder- 1 tsp or to taste
- Fresh lemon juice- 1 tsp
- Coriander powder- 1/2 tbsp
- Wash okra and spread it on paper towel to dry it well
- Slit okra lengthwise into four pieces. then again cut each piece into two so you have eight pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan
- Add grated onions and saute till brown.
- Now add okra and all the spices. mix well.
- Add lemon juice. mix well.
- Cover and let it cook on low heat for few minutes.
- Uncover, stir and cook till done.
Shared with FOODIE FRIDAYS