Hash browns are pan fried crispy potato patties made with shredded potatoes. They are very much like aloo tikki, the popular north indian snack that is made with mashed boiled potatoes.
In this recipe I have added some finely chopped veggies in the potatoes.
The trick for the perfect crispy hash browns is to squeeze as much moisture out of the potatoes as possible and start to cook on medium high heat without disturbing for at least 4 to 5 minutes.
Prep time- 10 Minutes
Cook Time- 20- 25 Minutes
Serves- 2- 3
- 3 medium potatoes- grated
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach leaves - chopped
- 1/2 medium onion- chopped finely
- 1/2 carrot - grated
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cornflour
- Red chilli powder- 1/2 tsp
- Salt- To taste.
- In a bowl mix grated potatoes, spinach, onion, carrot
- Add 1/2 tsp salt and mix well
- Squeeze the veggie mixture to remove all the moisture out
- Add red chilli powder and corn starch
- Adjust salt by tasting the mixture
- Form the mixture into patties
- Heat oil in a pan for shallow frying
- Put the patties gently in the hot pan
- Let them brown on medium high heat for few minutes from both the sides then lower the heat to medium.
- Cook till done.
Shared with Foodie Fridays, Share it Sunday,