Hummus is an Arabic dish that is enjoyed as a dip or spread all over the world. The word Hummus in arabic means chickpeas. Hummus is basically mashed boiled chickpeas with tahini, salt, garlic and lemon.
Although its very easily available in the market, you can make it quickly at home with few handy ingredients. Its delicious and rich in protein.
I made this hummus without tahini and it turned out as good and delicious. I prefer using soaked and boiled chickpeas but canned chickpeas are good too.
Prep time- 10 Minutes
Cook Time- 0 Minutes
Serves- 2- 3
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas (canned or soaked overnight and boiled)
- Few fresh mint leaves
- 1 small garlic clove - chopped roughly
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder- to taste
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Water to blend - 3 to 4 tbsp
- Crushed red pepper- to garnish
- Add first seven ingredients together in a blender
- Blend by adding little water at a time till smooth
- Garnish with crushed red chillies