I wanted to make baked samosas this weekend but I was too lazy to make the cones and fill each samosa. So I instead made these bite sized pinwheels. They were so easy to make and were very convenient to eat.. Just roll the dough, spread the filling, roll, cut and bake.
These are perfect as a bite sized snack for any party. You can make them ahead of time, reheat and enjoy. Make a big batch because they will disappear fast!
Even my kids ate them happily.
I made the dough at home but if you want, you can use puff pastry for these.
Prep time- 15 Minutes
Cook Time- 20 Minutes
Serves- 4 to 5
for the Dough
- 1 cup all purpose flour (you can mix whole wheat and all purpose flour if you like)
- 1/4th cup of oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- water to kneed
for the filling-
- 3 Medium Potatoes- Boiled and mashed
- 1/4th cup of boiled green peas
- Coriander Powder- 1 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder- 1/4th tsp
- Red chilli powder- 1/2 tsp or to taste
- Garam Masala Powder- 1/2 tsp
- Mango Powder- 1/2 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Oil to cook
- Mix flour, salt and oil together in a bowl.
- Knead it into a soft pilable dough by adding little water at a time
- Cover it with a wet paper towel and keep aside for 10 minutes
- Heat oil in a pan and add coriander powder, turmeric powder, chilli powder
- cook for few seconds(don't let it burn) add mashed potatoes and peas
- Add salt, garam masala and mango powders. mix well
- Switch of the heat
- Now take a small ball of the dough and roll it into a 12 inch diameter circle
- Spread a layer of potato filling evenly over it
- Roll it into a log, seal the edges.
- Cut the log into 1/2 inch thick slices
- lightly oil a non stick baking sheet
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and bake the pinwheels for 15 to 20 minutes till golden brown.