Green onions are milder form of large bulb onions and have many health benefits. These onions are low in calories and are rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, folic acid and other vitamins and minerals. Its available year round and is widely used in stir fries, soups, salads and as garnish in many dishes. Here is a recipe for a simple dish with green onions and potatoes. A quick and easy Indian side dish that goes well with any kind of bread or rice.
Prep time- 10 Minutes
Cook Time- 15- 20 Minutes
Serves- 2- 3
- 10 to 12 green onions
- 3 medium potatoes
- 2 whole red chilli
- Turmeric powder- 1/4th tsp
- Kashmir Red chilli powder- 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Remove the unwanted parts from the green onions and chop them
- Heat oil in a pan and add the whole red chillies
- Now add potatoes, green onions and saute for a min
- Add all the other spices, mix well cover and cook on medium low heat.
- Keep stirring in between to make sure it doesn't stick to the pan.
- You may need to sprinkle few drops of water if you think its sticking to the pan.
- Cook till done.